This morning my facebook page was adorned with images of first day of school photos. We are officially back in school which really doesn't mean a lot changes for me personally. There will be less people out and about during the day when I'm out, but other than that my life continues on as usual. However, for many of you that is not the case.
Since many of you have sent your kiddos on to school today (or maybe a few weeks ago) I wanted to share with you some excellent lunch tips from Earth's Best.
Earth's Best has a variety of products for your growing children that are delicious, nutritious and are also the perfect size to pop in a lunch box! Earth's Best Sunny Day Snack Bars are naturally sweetened cereal bars filled with real fruit! Sunny Day Snack Bars come in two delicious flavors, strawberry and apple and are individually wrapped, making them perfect for on-the-go kids. Sunny Day Snacks Bars are also excellent sources of calcium, iron, zinc and contain six B vitamins.
- When it comes to feeding children, finding a balance is very important. Adding different fruits like grapes, strawberries, blueberries and melons in a fruit salad so your child's lunch is a great idea as bite size pieces are easier to chew and it may even look more visually appealing to your child.
- Stay away from sugary soft drinks. Include low-fat milk, water or 100% juice drinks like Earth's Best juice boxes.
- Sending along carrot sticks? Put a little bit of veggies dip in a container as a fun addition on the side.
- Make it a healthy habit to go to the store at least once a week to stock up on necessary lunch items. Having a variety of items on hand will make the early morning planning process much easier.
- Instead of packing chips and cookies, try including whole wheat pretzels or crackers.
- Let your child feel like they are in control by offering them two healthy snack items to choose from. That gives them a choice while parents still maintain ultimate control.
And don't forget your note for your little one!! Here's some printables from Hoosier Homemade:
Now for your chance to win Earth's Best Sunny Day Snack Bars: